If you want to transfer file from your Apple Iphone to mac, you will bring yourself more convenience and faster speed. There are many ways that can help you transfer file between iphone and mac. By choosing the right way, it is always good for your business or studies.
To help you out, I am writing this article where I will be sharing 5 effective ways to transfer files between Apple iphone and mac so make sure you read this full article.
5 Effective Ways to transfer files between iphone and mac:
If your Mac is running the most recent version of macOS Catalina, you can simply transfer files between the Mac and iPhone via a USB cable or by syncing over the same Wi-Fi network.
Follow the steps given below to transfer files from an iPhone and a Mac using an USB cable:
- Connect the devices together with an USB cable.
- Select your iDevice in “Finder” by going there.
- Select the categories of media you wish to transfer, such as music, movies, files, and more, and you will be provided with a list of applications.
- Drag a file or files from a Finder window into the app to start transferring files from Mac to iPhone.
Follow the steps given below to transfer files between an iPhone and a Mac using wi-fi connection:
- Use an USB cable to connect the iPhone to the Mac. Navigate to Finder and choose your iDevice from the sidebar. Navigate to the “General” page and enable the option “Show this [device] when on Wi-Fi.”
- According to your requirements, adjust the syncing options and hit “Apply.”
- You can choose the iPhone in the sidebar and sync it when your Mac and iPhone are synced through Wi-Fi.
In this way you can transfer files between iphone and mac. Continue reading to learn other ways.
File-sharing apps let you transfer files between your Mac and your iPhone. Visit the documentation for the app in question to see if it supports this connectivity. Follow the steps given below to transfer files between Iphone and mac using Itunes:
- Connect your Mac and iPhone.
- Select the “Device” button above the sidebar of the iTunes window in the Mac’s iTunes software.
- Click “File Sharing.”
- From the list on the left, choose the app you wish to send a file to.
- Start the iPhone and Mac file transfer process.
- To transfer files from your Mac to your iPhone, click “Add,” then choose the file you wish to transfer.
- Files can be transferred from an iPhone to a Mac by selecting the file in the list on the right, clicking “Save to” and then choosing the destination folder. Then select “Save To” one more.
When it’s finished, you may check the transferred files in the location or app.
On Macs and iOS devices, the built-in file-sharing application is called AirDrop. You can transfer files through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi while AirDrop is on between two iOS devices or between an iOS device and a Mac. To transfer files between an iPhone and a Mac using AirDrop, follow these steps:
- On your iOS device, open “Control Center.” Make sure both “Bluetooth” and “Wi-Fi” are turned on, then select “AirDrop” and choose whether your iPhone should be detected by “Contacts Only” or “Everyone.”
- To enable AirDrop on your Mac, go to “Finder” > “Go” > “AirDrop” and enable “Bluetooth” and “WiFi.” Set the “Allow to be discovered by” option to “Everyone” or “Contacts Only.”
- You are now free to easily share files between your Mac and your iPhone or iPad with AirDrop. AirDrop allows you to transfer files from your Mac to your iPhone in two ways
- Drag the images you wish to transmit from Mac to iPhone to the image of the recipient and then click “Send.”
- Otherwise, you may use an app’s “Share” button to select “AirDrop,” then select the receiver and click “Done.”
Users may store files in iCloud and access them from iCloud.com, Macs, PCs, and iOS devices using iCloud Drive. You have control over which files and folders are saved in iCloud Drive.
You may access these files on all of your devices that share the same Apple ID if iCloud Drive is enabled. Follow the steps given below to share files between iphone and mac:
|Transfer from an iPhone to a Mac||Transfer from a Mac to iPhone|
|1. First, open the file you want to transfer, then press the share icon, which is a square with an upward-pointing arrow.||1. Copy the file you want to transfer and put it in the Finder’s iCloud Drive folder.|
|2. Select Save to Files by swiping down.||2. Select iCloud Drive from the list of accessible locations in the Files app on your iPhone.|
|3. Choose iCloud Drive from the new menu that displays.||3. Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen and then on Select.|
|4. Hit Save.||4. Select the file you want to send by tapping it.|
|5. Open Finder on your Mac and select iCloud Drive. You can find your file there.||5. Select how you want to send the file by tapping the Share button. This might be done by choosing Save Image if the file is a picture or another choice if the file is another kind of file.|
On your computer, make a new email, add the files you want to transfer as attachments, and then compose the email to your own account. After that, check your iPhone’s inbox and download the files to your iOS device. Similar to this, you can transfer files from an iPhone to a Mac by creating an email and sending it using the Email app.
Depending on the size of the files and the speed of the network connection, methods like AirDrop or email could take you sometime to transfer files. If you only have a few files to transfer that are only a little size, you are advised to try these options.
Note: Try other alternatives that will save you a tonne of time.
Your requirement to transfer a file between an iphone and a mac should be perfectly satisfied by one of the five ways listed above. Tt’s easier than you think, but sometimes you need a little help. Hopefully this has removed some of the confusion around transferring data from your iPhone to your mac and vice versa.