One of the most annoying and intrusive things you can do online is get pop-up ads. These are small ad windows that open in your browser without any warning or permission.
The moment you open them, they’ll either take over your whole screen or just part of it for some time. What’s even worse is that these ads can contain malware, so it may slow down your computer and cause various other problems.
Pop up ads are the latest rage. They are annoying, distracting and a complete waste of time. And that’s why you should read this article and learn how to stop pop ups on your android phone.
- 1 What are pop up ads?
- 2 How pop up ads works on Android phone?
- 3 Follow the steps given below to stop getting pop up ads:
- 4 Conclusion
What are pop up ads?
Pop-up ads are advertisements that appear in a new window while you are exploring the internet. They can exist on a webpage when it loads or between pages when they load.
Because of their success rate and the necessity for the user to take action to navigate away from it, they are one of the more common techniques of displaying adverts to site visitors. Pop-up advertisements are deemed more unpleasant since they disrupt normal surfing.
Why pop up ads are used?
Advertisers choose this kind of advertising because it may immediately capture the user’s attention and compel immediate action. They can follow the user around the website, appearing between pages and when the page is reloaded.
Advertisers may also notice exaggerated click-through rates because the user’s attempt to quickly close the window may result in an inadvertent click-through. A frequent example of a pop up advertisement is a prompt asking the user to sign up for a newsletter when the user opens the webpage.
This is a simple approach for marketing firms and brands to obtain permission to email and begin marketing campaigns to that individual.
How pop up ads works on Android phone?
Pop-up advertising do not have a set size or window shape. Pop-up advertisements are frequently utilised by independent websites, sponsored webpages, interactive games, or a small group of individuals who engage.
The fact that visitors must close pop-up advertising before advancing ensures that the message shows in the pop-up ad. To entice viewers, the pop-up window may offer games, audio, or even video.
Pop-up ads are more visible and effective than banner ads in online advertising. They are adaptive and versatile to most sorts of advertising. Because click-through rates are higher than other sorts of advertising, this is one of the most popular ways for advertisers to contact customers online.
Alternatively said, pop-up advertising has a high return on investment. Because they have the capacity to leave a lasting impression on the audience when used appropriately, websites can help improve branding. Pop-ups frequently irritate users since they typically clutter the desktop and take time and effort to close the ad window.
These adverts are seen negatively by many people since they cover other windows and activate them. Pop-up advertisements typically cost more for advertisers to use than other kinds. As opposed to pop-up advertising, pop-under advertising places the ad-active screen at the top of the page.
How do i stop pop up ads on my android phone?
For a variety of reasons, pop-up advertisements may appear. Here’s a quick method to determine which app is causing the adverts and stop them:
- Navigate to the Settings on your android phone.
- Select “Apps & Notifications,” then “Advanced,” then “Special App Access,” from the options.
- Select “Display” over other apps. You will see a list of all the apps that are allowed to display pop-up advertisements.
- Search the list for any applications you don’t want to receive pop-up notifications from or that seem off. Toggle the “Allow display over other apps” button to the “Off” position by tapping the app’s name.
How to stop pop up ads in chrome browser on my android phone?
Google Chrome prevents pop-ups from appearing on your screen by default. The address bar will say Pop-up blocked when a pop-up is disabled. Popups are blocked. Allowing pop-ups is another choice you have.
If you’ve disabled pop-ups but you’re still getting them, it’s possible that you’ve already subscribed for a website’s notifications. If you don’t want any notifications from a particular website to appear on your screen, you can block them.
Follow the steps given below to stop getting pop up ads:
- Open the google Chrome app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap More Settings to the right of the address bar.
- Tap Permissions, then Pop-ups and redirects.
- Turn off pop-ups and redirects.
How to Stop YouTube Pop-Up Ads on an Android Phone?
Follow the steps given below to stop YouTube pop-up ads:
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Select “Apps & Notifications.”
- Once you’ve selected “See All Apps,” scroll down to find YouTube.
- Go to the YouTube settings page and select “Notifications.”
- Put the toggle switches adjacent to any unnecessary alerts in the “Off” position. For instance, you can keep live stream notifications while disabling notifications for suggested videos.
- Toggle the button next to “Show notifications” to the “Off” position if you want to disable all YouTube alerts.
How to Stop Android Phone Pop-Up Ads on the Lock Screen?
To disable pop-up notifications on your phone’s lock screen, follow the steps given below:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Tap “Apps & Notifications,” and then “Configure Notifications.”
- Tap “Notifications on Lock Screen” in the Show Notifications section.
- Choose “Do not show notifications.” The modifications will take effect automatically.
When it comes to pop up advertisements, there are different types of pop up ads. Pop-up ads can vary depending on the website that you’re looking at and often times these pop ups are annoying especially when you wish to browse something free, such as a movie or music streaming sites but then your browser will just crash since it has launched an advert in front of you. Stop pop up ads by applying the follow settings given in this article.