Since the first iPhone was released, developers have been trying to revolutionize the way we download music, video, books, and anything else on a regular basis. One of the latest approaches is Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited service. It’s a new way for readers to get access to over 1000 books every month for $10/month or less with no commitment at all: no credit cards needed and no limits on what you can read.
With the introduction of Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited, or KU as they like to call it, you’ll be able to read books and magazines. Is this worth it? Read on to find out!
- 1 What is Kindle Unlimited?
- 2 How’s Kindle Unlimited works?
- 3 How can Kindle Unlimited be cancelled?
- 4 Conclusion
What is Kindle Unlimited?
Kindle Unlimited (KU) is a subscription program that allows users to read as many e-books as they want and retain them for as long as they want for a monthly charge. They do not have to be Amazon Prime members. When you sign up for KDP Select, your books are automatically added to Kindle Unlimited.
Of course, you’ll need an Amazon account, which is simple to set up (if you’ve gone this long without one). The only other need is that you live in the United States, or that you change your Amazon nation to “US,” which you can do under your account’s Country/Region Settings.
Amazon Kindle Unlimited saves you the trouble of having to pay for each and every book you intend to read. Notably, not all books on Amazon are covered by this program.
How’s Kindle Unlimited works?
With Kindle Unlimited, you can check out books, audiobooks, or magazines at once and return them whenever you’re finished. Again, you can read Kindle Unlimited books on any device, not just a Kindle, as long as you have an Amazon account.
Your Kindle Unlimited dashboard, which customizes its suggestions depending on your browsing behavior, will display featured goods to borrow. On Amazon, selecting the “Shop by Category” icon will take you to this dashboard.
What are the benefits to getting Kindle Unlimited?
With a Kindle Unlimited subscription, you may read over a million Kindle books for free, including magazines, audiobooks, and e-books. Any Amazon device or Kindle app may be used to read Kindle Unlimited books. You may retain up to 10 titles at once and can borrow them as frequently as you like with no due dates.
How much does Kindle Unlimited cost?
Monthly fees for Kindle Unlimited are $9.99. The same price can also be paid in advance for a six-month Kindle Unlimited subscription; however, occasionally, these discounts are only valid for a short period of time, so keep an eye out for them.
The Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans also provide a free one-month trial period so you may try it out before committing to anything.
Pre-paid gift plans for six, twelve, and 24 months are also available if you’d want to give a Kindle Unlimited subscription to friends or family members. These plans are currently 20%, 33%, and 40% off, respectively.
Do Prime members get Kindle Unlimited for free?
How to browse books on Kindle Unlimited?
Steps on how to start reading once that your subscription has been set up:
- You can access the Kindle Unlimited catalog straight from the sidebar menu on the Amazon home page to peruse the titles that are currently offered. Either click “Books” under the “Shop By Department” section or click “Kindle E-readers & Books” under the “Digital Content and Devices” section to discover it.
- Additionally, you can simply browse the shop as usual; eligible titles will display the Kindle Unlimited logo.
- You can access Kindle Unlimited through a separate box that is located above the other purchasing options on the product detail page of eligible items. To borrow the book through Kindle Unlimited, click “Read for Free” (or “Read with Kindle Unlimited” if you aren’t directly looking at the Kindle edition).
Your purchased item should now be accessible on the app or device of your choice. Enjoy!
How to Find Audiobooks on Kindle Unlimited?
Here’s how you can find audiobooks on kindle unlimited:
- Some novels from Kindle Unlimited include a free audiobook companion. On the product description page, there is a headphone symbol next to the Kindle Unlimited logo to show this.
- Your compatible Amazon device, Kindle app, or Audible app will instantly provide access to the free audiobook companion if the Kindle Unlimited title you select has one.
Note: Finding these can usually be more difficult.
How can Kindle Unlimited be cancelled?
You can easily cancel your Kindle Unlimited membership at any time. When you do, your benefits will remain in effect until the following billing date. However, if you are ending a pre-paid subscription, the cancellation will take effect right away, and there will be no partial refunds for any months that were not used, and It cannot be restarted afterwards.
Follow the steps given below to cancel your kindle unlimited:
- There is a “Manage Membership” box with the option to “Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership” on the “Your Kindle Unlimited” page.
- On the following page, you will be given information about how long your benefits will be in effect and given the option to “Keep my membership” or “Cancel membership.”
- You should get an email confirming your subscription termination once you cancel it.
- Return to the “Your Kindle Unlimited” page if you want to continue Kindle Unlimited in the future. In the “Manage Membership” box, there will be a choice to “Continue Kindle Unlimited Membership.”
Kindle Unlimited is a service which allows users to access e-books from many domestic and international publishers, without paying per book.
Kindle Unlimited could be ideal for you if you’re a passionate reader who adores independent books. You may always give the 30-day trial a try if you want to read more independent.